Saturday 2 July 2011

current cinema-related frustrations

1. I'm so busy with organising wedding details and trying to juggle hundreds of other enterprises (ok, slight exaggeration, but i'm trying to make a point here)  that I'm wondering if I'll ever set foot in a cinema again in the near future.

2. Also struggling to keep up with latest news, writing, thoughts, both in print and online, regarding cinema. My cinema-brain feels like it's beginning to atrophy.

3. Peter Falk died about a week ago, and know one I know in my everyday world seems to give a shit.

4. Peter Tscherkassky is coming to Melbourne to give a talk and show a retrospective of his films, during the Melbourne International Film Festival - just when I'm having my wedding! (If my fiancee reads this and sees me having this little whimper, boy will I be in trouble.)

Right, done. Whining is officially over.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Michael! The wedding was last Saturday, I'm the happiest man on the planet. We're ostensibly on honeymoon at the moment, though I've snuck in a wee brief check on the blog today. Normal transmission resumes in late August!

    ReplyDelete