Wednesday 19 January 2011

Resolutions - Cinema - 2011

For 2011:
More cinema. Watch more cinema. Must watch more cinema. I really must watch more cinema. Right, I think I've got it, I seem to be saying that I must see more cinema.

2010 was, for me, a bit too damned quiet, film-wise. I have a bit of catching up to do on a number of 2010 releases. Plus catching up on a number of films made within the last, ooo, let's say 100 plus years. Ahh, the tireless task of cinema-catch-up. Woo-haa.

More lists. Re-connect with films I love, re-watch, re-view, re-assess.

Throw in some playful viewing and writing. Maybe write on the worst films I've ever seen. Or the oddest film-viewing experiences. Engage in some endurance-based performance art and watch nothing but god-awful films for an entire week, to see what might happen to me. Watch a week of the goriest horrors available, or maybe Adam Sandlers entire filmography, and see if it makes me want to eat my TV.

Maybe this year I'll get around to seeing:
  • Heimat
  • Chelsea Girls
  • Heaven's Gate
  • The 47 Ronin
  • La Commune (Paris, 1871)
  • Los Angeles Plays Itself
  • Les Vampires
  • War and Peace (1967)
  • Out 1
  • L'Amour Fou
  • The Art of Vision

Maybe this year I'll be lucky enough to see a James Benning film. All I've seen so far is Landscape Suicide.

In short, watch more, write more, think film more.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....



[Stan Vanderbeek - Achooo Mr. Kerrooschev (1960)]

No comments:

Post a Comment